Saturday, August 20, 2011

It's that time again kids, story time!

"Out of all the low-down tricks!"

I quickly decided that this was not the place to be, especially if Myra found me.  You see, she doesn't like it when people swap out her chickens' eggs with rocks that look like eggs.  I've learned this over the years, mainly because I'm the one that keeps swapping them out.  It's not that I'm a bad halfling, I promise.  I just think it's too funny.  She always gets really red in the face, and then screams at different people for a couple of hours. 

"I'll find you, whoever you are!  I'll find YOU!"

Oh right, got to get on with the getting on.  I crouched as I walked behind the bushes that were just behind her chicken coop, just like I always do.  Having cleared her line of sight, I stood up, and briskly walked away, trophies in hand.  That was the one nice thing about this particular trick.  I had breakfast, lunch, and dinner all ready provided for.

After roughly ten minutes of walking, I figured I should put the eggs in their appropriate container.  I had a special pouch just for these eggs.  It was quite the steal, the guy from whom I acquired this told me that it could hold up to twelve eggs and be worn in the bumpiest cart, and not a single one of them would have so much as a crack, thanks to the magical enchantments placed upon the bag. 

While I was putting away the eggs, I suddenly remembered that I needed to return Dylon's wand back to him.  He misplaced it, and I found it, right on his bookshelf, where he normally keeps it, but he didn't see it, so I picked it up to return it to him.  It did prove useful last week, though, when I accidentally ran into a lion.  Oh, but look at me, I'm getting distracted.

I don't always prank Myra. Only when I'm walking through her side of the country.  Maybe once a month or so.  She never sees it coming, either.  There was one time when she almost caught me because she had a bodyguard, or maybe a chicken guard, or an egg guard, I dunno, anyway, I wasn't expecting this guard to be there.  Fortunately, he was asleep.  I guess that once you're on lookout duty, and nothing's happening, it's quite easy to fall asleep on the job.  Though, I don't remember seeing him the next time I dropped by, maybe he had the day off.

It doesn't matter though, because now I have breakfast and the joy of seeing yet another prank come out perfectly.

(Heya all you followers, tried something new with perspectives, more like character development to help give some insight on how a character thinks and does the things they do.  You can only get so much done in a page, though.  Oh yeah, I'm up to three followers now! [myself included] feeling pretty awesome about that.  Oh, and please do feel free to comment on anything and everything that pops up in your guys' minds.  I do enjoy feedback as well as possible story ideas, or even other stories that you guys have written. 

Tomorrow might be a bit late in getting my writing done.  I work open to close, and my wife and I have company coming over, so I might not be able to write until the later hours of the night, but we'll see what I can squeeze in.  Hope you guys are enjoying the weekend!)

1 comment:

  1. :D keep up the good work, ecthou!
    I just made m own writing blog, check it out at:
    www.shortstoryprints.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete